Effective Oct 30th, 2023.
1. Collection of Personal Information
We may collect the following types of personal information from you when you use our Services:
- Information You Provide: We may collect personal information that you provide to us, such as your name, email address, phone number, and other contact details when you create an account, make purchases, or contact us for support.
- Information from Your Device: We may automatically collect certain information from your device or mobile device, such as your IP address, device type, operating system, and usage data, to ensure the proper functioning of our Services and for analytics purposes.
- Location Information: With your explicit consent, we may collect and use your location information to provide location-based services, such as tracking your fitness activities or providing personalized content.
2. Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our Services: We may use your personal information to operate, maintain, and enhance our Services, including providing customer support, processing payments, and analyzing usage patterns to improve user experience.
- To communicate with you: We may use your personal information to send you important notices, such as updates, changes to our terms of service, or security alerts. We may also send you promotional and marketing communications with your consent.
- To personalize your experience: We may use your personal information to personalize your experience with our Services, such as providing personalized content, recommendations, or advertisements based on your interests and preferences.
- To communicate with third party services that you have registered through our system.
- To comply with legal obligations: We may use your personal information to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal process, and to respond to lawful requests from public authorities.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties:
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third-party service providers who help us operate our Services, such as payment processors, hosting providers, and analytics providers. These service providers are contractually obligated to keep your personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
Business Partners: We may share your personal information with our business partners, such as advertisers or sponsors, with your consent, for marketing and promotional purposes.
Legal Requirements: We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement authorities, government agencies, or other third parties as required by applicable laws, regulations, or legal process.
Business Transfers: In the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal information may be transferred to the new owner or operator of the Services.
4. Data Retention
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws and regulations. We will take reasonable measures to delete or anonymize your personal information when it is no longer needed for these purposes.
5. Your Rights
You have certain rights regarding your personal information under applicable data protection laws, including the right to access, correct, delete, and restrict the processing of your personal information. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time. To exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or loss, using industry-standard security measures. However, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account credentials and for taking appropriate measures to protect your personal information.
7. Children's Privacy
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and we will take steps to delete such information from our systems.
8. Location of Personal Information
CE Brands Inc. is a Canadian company and it is bound by the laws of the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia for all legal matters. All of our data centers are located in the United States. As such different Regional and Federal laws may apply to the organizations that operate the data centers. You must be certain that providing Personal Information does not violate any law that is applicable to you or your right to use the Services.
If your use of the Services or disclosure of certain information to CE Brands would violate any law that is applicable to you, your right to use the Services and/or disclose such information is revoked. CE Brands will comply with any court order so long as it is found to be lawful in Canadian courts. No other request to access Personal Information from any party will be honored without a Canadian court order or permission from the owner of the account that has been properly validated.
9. International Data Transfers
We may transfer your personal information to third-party service providers or business partners located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) that may have different data protection laws. We will take appropriate measures, such as using standard contractual clauses or obtaining your consent, to ensure that such transfers comply with applicable data protection laws.
In addition to our cookies, we may also use (and our third party advertisers may use) clear gifs, Web beacons, Google Analytics, and third party cookies to improve the performance of our Web sites, provide certain features such as advertising, or to anonymously track usage of our Web sites and track the online activity of users.
We may use similar mechanisms in our HTML-based emails to track the usage of such emails in much the same manner.
The cookies used in the Service have been categorized based on the categories found in the ICC Cookie guide. They are as follows:
10.1. Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
10.2. Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies donít collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
10.3. Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced and more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as a live chat session. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
10.4. If you wish to prevent or disable cookies
You can always elect to not use the Website if cookies are not desirable and by doing so are not permitted to use the Service. However, there are several ways to disable cookie functionality, though the site may not offer all of its features without them:
- Set the Internet browser to prompt when a cookie is received or disable cookies altogether. Check your browser's Help menus.
- Delete the cookies from the browser cache and Temporary Internet Files after leaving the website.
- Enable private browsing by enabling 'Incognito' in Chrome, 'Private Browsing' in Firefox / Safari or 'In Private' in Internet Explorer.
If you wish to notify third-party advertisers that you do not wish to participate in their programs using cookies it is recommended that you visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and follow the detailed instructions there.
To opt-out of Google Analytics go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and install the browser add-on.
11. Third-party Interactions on the Website
CE Brands's websites may allow third parties to provide products and services directly to CE Brands customers. Such relationships are often designated with a 'Provided By' or 'Powered By' company logo or other similarly worded designation. When processing or performing the named function that party will collect your information and share Personal Information related to the transaction with CE Brands. You may review the privacy practices of the third party either by clicking the link on the bottom of the page or by clicking on the 'Provided by Company' logo, which will take you to their website.
Partners, promotions and other third-party content is validated against standards and conditions but it is always possible that something slips through checks and balances. If any partner or content is discovered to be fraudulent or employ questionable conduct we will remove their advertisements, product or service from the website. Report all scams or abuses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in our practices or legal requirements. We will post the updated Policy on our website and indicate the date of the last update. We encourage you to review this Policy periodically to stay informed of our privacy practices.
13. Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
- CE Brands Inc..
- 2100 Livingston Place,
- 222 3rd Avenue SW,
- Calgary, AB T2P 0B4
We will do our best to address your inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner.
By using our Services, you acknowledge and agree to the terms and practices described in this Policy. Your privacy and trust are important to us, and we are committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws.